Send your cv to [email protected]
Are you passionate about the digital and technology sector?
Do you have previous experience in designing and delivering an apprenticeship programme?
Would you flourish in a role that helped support young people completing their qualifications?
Then we might have the perfect position for you...
About the role
The Manchester Digital Level 4 Software Developer Apprenticeship is a unique, industry-backed programme supported by some of the biggest and best brands in the region, with whom you will be working closely to deliver this programme.
The curriculum is co-designed with industry and the training is delivered by experts.
Your job will be to manage the end to end programme, from attracting the best apprentice candidates through promotion & recruitment, to coordinating the curriculum design, creating/collating course materials and reviewing/assessing learners' work.
You will also coach the apprentices through their learning journey via regular 1-2-1 meetings. The successful candidate will produce workplace progression documents for employers and apprentices, set independent learning goals and ensure that they are learning and focussed on developing the skills to pass their qualification.
To succeed in this role you will have a passion for teaching, coaching and helping learners to complete qualifications and develop their skills. You will also be able to work with employers, line managers and mentors to ensure that the learning journey is properly supported in the workplace.
You do not need to be a software developer, but will need to have an understanding of the industry and development concepts. You will be able to translate and break down the qualification so that the team of developers who create and write the bootcamp modules understand the outcomes their exercises need to deliver.
You also should understand the structure of apprenticeships and how assessment is carried out.
What we’re looking for
We are ideally looking for someone with a technical education background or with experience of delivering apprenticeship learning. An assessor qualification is highly desirable, but not essential:
- Passionate about the digital and technology sector
- Previous experience in design and delivery of training desirable.
- Some experience in the tech industry is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience of apprenticeship programme delivery is desirable
- Willingness/aptitude to learn new tools quickly
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work flexibly
- Knowledge of the software developer apprenticeship standards
- Knowledge of OFSTED assessment and Quality Assurance processes desirable
- Passionate about supporting learners to fulfil their potential
- Have the drive and energy to constantly look for ways to improve the programme
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively at all levels (learners, employers and partners/stakeholders)
- Leadership and mentoring experience desirable
- Understanding of different learning techniques
Tasks will include
- Practical management and coordination of the of the programme
- Work with employers to structure and populate bimonthly bootcamps.
- Design, develop and maintain a suite of programme materials.
- Use Slack to communicate with apprentices, set challenges and be on hand to support them with any questions about the programme.
- Liaise and communicate with line managers and mentors to ensure that they understand what is expected of them and how they can support their apprentice.
- Visit learners in their workplaces to coach and assess their progress against targets and the framework.
- Create learner’s individual learning log and ensure that learners are capturing relevant evidence.
- Set individual learner targets and action plans and manage learner progression
- Build and maintain professional and effective relationships with learners and employers
- Work with The Growth Company (our apprenticeship administration provider) to ensure that the assessment process matches the requirements of the awarding body.
- Monthly performance progress meetings with The Growth Company.
- Liaise with QA function at The Growth Company
- Prepare for EPA with learners, employers and The Growth Company as required
- Support wider organisational priorities as required, ie collecting marketing materials
- Keep up to date with apprenticeship standards
- Ensure the programme is managed in compliance with Data Protection and GDPR regulations.
- Ensure core professional and employability skills are embedded in the programme
- Directly contribute to review and updating of programme content materials based on feedback and standard updates.
- Caseload of up to 40 learners
Manchester Digital is the largest digital and tech trade body in the North with over 500 businesses in membership, the organisation represents the entire digital and tech footprint with a wide range of business types, models, sizes and capabilities within membership.
As well as being a cohesive voice for the region’s industry and ensuring that its views are represented at a local and national government level, the organisation also galvanises the power of its network and takes direct action to solve specific issues and barriers impacting the sector’s growth.
Manchester Digital is renowned for the employer-led approach it has taken to solving the current skills gap. Each year we run a 4-day skills festival that connects over 150 businesses and 2000 school, college and university students to bridge the gap between industry and education.
We also run a programme called Digital Futures programme that will create industry interventions at critical stages of education to help increase the number of young people entering the industry. The programme also has a specific strand to support girls and hard to reach demographics to find a career in the industry.
At the request of our members, we have developed a software developer apprenticeship that teaches and trains in a way that mirrors the businesses we work with.
The role is permanent on a full-time basis. Please submit a CV and covering letter to [email protected].