Send your cv to [email protected]
Manchester Digital is recruiting an Events Coordinator to expand our reach and influence and grow our membership. The successful applicant will be responsible for planning and delivering a programme of events that will support membership growth, as well as engagement with our initiatives and policies. We need someone with bags of creativity and drive to make that happen!
The Events Coordinator will be responsible for planning, organising and delivering a wide range of events across Greater Manchester, from member recruitment drives, receptions, seminars, conferences, social events and much more. They will also play an integral part in the organisation of Manchester Digital’s flagship event, Skills Festival, which attracts over 1800 delegates and includes a range of workshops at various venues, a careers fair and a conference.
Ideally, you will already be working in an event management role and have a strong track record on event logistics, fundraising, sponsorship and marketing across small and large-scale events for diverse audiences.
This is a full-time, permanent post with a six-month probation period.
Responsibilities of this role include:
Working with all relevant Manchester Digital staff to plan, organise and execute a programme of events that will generate income, increase membership and promote the objectives and aims of Manchester Digital.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Identify the need and opportunity for each event
- Establish project plans and identify costs and timescales and ensure milestones are achieved
- Source and manage venues and suppliers
- Generate sponsorship
- Secure and manage content ie speakers, presentations, entertainment etc
- Undertake detailed planning, monitoring and management of the budgets for events, and identify positive corrective action where necessary
- Work with the marketing team to promote and market events appropriately, targeting a relevant and diverse audience
- Set up ticketing and financial processes
- Negotiate agreements with suppliers, venues and subcontractors to secure hires, products and services
- Source and secure venues and catering
- Managing speaker liaison: speaker briefings, tech requirements, travel and accommodation
- Manage event bookings, ticket sales and registration to ensure a seamless delegate booking experience
- Prepare risk assessments and method statements as required
- Manage communication between customers, Manchester Digital and suppliers to ensure effective event delivery
- Deliver effective post-event evaluation; including creating feedback forms to send out to delegates
- Take an active part in team meetings, strategic planning and other collaborative processes to ensure that events meet the organisation’s wider strategic aims
- Agree and meet sponsorship targets through the delivery of events
- Work with minimal supervision, using own initiative and ensuring that deadlines are met
- Deliver high-quality levels of customer service
- Accurately record all activity
- Securely manage all data relating to events
The role will also include some membership management:
- Working with the team on campaigns to attract new members and raise our profile at events and networking opportunities
- Being first line support for any queries we receive
- Resolving queries from members and potential members
- Sending regular communication to event attendees to remind them of the membership benefits and encouraging them to engage
You will be a team player; able to use your own initiative and very capable when it comes to working under pressure. You will need to be able to multitask across numerous complex projects with varying deadlines so it is important that you are able to prioritise effectively.
We are not looking for a particular level of qualification it is more important to find someone who is the right fit for the team although the below skills would stand you in good stead:
- A keen interest in the digital and technology sector
- Ability to develop professional relationships and to command respect at many levels
- Excellent organisational, planning and project management skills
- Proven ability to take direction and input to help you improve your output. Able to learn and follow processes quickly, with a desire to grow and develop
- Experience in managing an event from start to finish, including budget management, marketing and stakeholder management
- Significant and proven record of gaining sponsorship/ticket sales from a variety of sources
- Ability to problem solve
- Self-motivating; able to prioritise workload and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines; capacity to recalibrate at short notice
- Excellent written communication skills
- Understanding of basic business finances and financial processes (e.g. invoicing, purchase orders, etc)
- Willing to travel and be flexible around working hours
The normal working hours of this post will be 37.5 per week, from 9 am - 5:30 pm (finishing at 5 pm on Fridays). Key to this role is flexibility as working hours will of necessity be varied and flexible.
Salary is between £22,000 and £26,000 per annum dependent on experience.
You also have the option of joining a contribution pension scheme. You will be entitled to 20 days holiday per year pro-rata, plus Bank Holidays. The holiday year runs from 1st April – 31st March.
The post is based in our Manchester offices. All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply for this role, please submit to us:
- An up-to-date CV
- A covering letter addressing the requirements of the job
The closing date for applications is 27th March 2019.