Send your cv to [email protected]
Looking for a company that inspires passion, innovation and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of personal finance? Want to shape how millions of people save money, find great deals and buy financial products? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven company that is dedicated to creating a world-class engineering team, join MoneySuperMarket – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
You will work on our modern highly-performant platform which we have invested £60M in over the last 3 years. Our platform brings products from over 800 financial providers to more than 24 million unique monthly visitors. Last year we provided customers with 52 ways to save money and as a result we saved UK households £1.8 billion. However our users deserve even more, so we are constantly improving our platform and products to help customers save more money and deliver the experience they love.
MoneySuperMarket-GO is our new mobile app and sub-brand of MoneySuperMarket, launched to make switching quicker and easier. We are now looking for talented individuals to join the existing mobile app delivery team working on the design and development of new features, enhancements and technical improvements.
What you can expect from us:
• A collaborative, informal and relaxed work environment with agile teams.
• Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as a technologist and as a person.
• Work on a new platform built from the ground up using modern technologies such as AWS, Spark, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Akka, MongoDB, Apigee and Adobe Experience Manager.
• Access to tools and resources to do your job (best-in-class laptops, IDEs, Safari Online subscription, conferences and meetups, free breakfast, all the coffee you can drink and much more).
• Ability to join and participate in multiple internal interest groups in trending topics like DevOps, Continuous Delivery and Big Data.
• Continuous Integration through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work.
What we expect from you:
• Java development
• MongoDB (or other NoSQL database)
• DropWizard (or equivalent Java micro-framework)
• Maven or Gradle build tools
• Designing and building RESTful services (JSON)
• Automated build and deployment with continuous integration
• Agile methodologies
• Affinity for e-Commerce
• A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Passion for continuous improvement and building a world-class engineering team
• Working with Amazon Web Services.
• Working with micro-service architecture.
• Behaviour Driven Development.
• Monitoring and support of live apps using appropriate tools
Who are we looking for:
We expect the right person to be an expert in software engineering and have good knowledge of what it means to work with large/distributed systems. Furthermore, we need someone who lives and breathes agile development, focused on delivery and wants to take a leading role in improving the way we work.
Background checks are part of the hiring process.
Please visit our technology micro site to find out more about us: http://tech.moneysupermarket.com/
Acquisition is not appreciated.