Visit https://msfg.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers to apply.
At Moneysupermarket Group we do everything we can to support our people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. The environment in our London, Ewloe and Manchester offices is open plan and collaborative. Our dress code is informal and you’ll get to work with friendly and supportive colleagues. All of our roles are open to flexibility and we offer competitive salaries plus benefits including 27 days holiday, pension, a health cash plan, life assurance and bonus potential, as well as the option to flex a range of benefits to suit your lifestyle. Best of all though, we are passionate about making a real difference – helping your friends, family and neighbours, along with every other household in the UK, to save money.
Why our role:
Looking for a company that inspires passion, innovation and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of personal finance? Want to shape how millions of people save money, find great deals and buy financial products? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven company that is dedicated to creating a world-class engineering team, join MoneySuperMarket – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
What will you be doing:
You will work on our modern highly-performant platform which we have invested £60M in over the last 3 years. Our platform brings products from over 800 financial providers to more than 24 million unique monthly visitors. Last year we provided customers with 52 ways to save money and as a result we saved UK households £1.8 billion. However, our users deserve even more, so we are constantly improving our platform and products to help customers save more money and deliver the experience they love.
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, informal and relaxed work environment with agile teams.
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as a technologist and as a person.
- Work on a new platform built from the ground up using modern technologies such as AWS, Spark, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Akka, MongoDB, and Apigee.
- Access to tools and resources to do your job (best-in-class laptops, IDEs, conferences and meetups, free breakfast, all the coffee you can drink and much more).
- Ability to join and participate in multiple internal interest groups in trending topics like DevOps, Continuous Delivery and Big Data.
- Continuous Integration through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work.
What we expect from you:
- Java development
- Experience of Frontend JS Frameworks and SPA development
- Building RESTful services (JSON)
- Automated builds with continuous integration
- Agile methodologies
- Affinity for e-Commerce
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Passion for continuous improvement and building a world-class engineering team
- Experience with Vuejs is advantageous
- Understand how to build highly performant web applications that start fast and stay fast across multiple browsers and devices
- Appreciation of security in the browser (e.g. XSS and CSRF)
- Behaviour Driven Development
Who are we looking for:
We expect the right person to be an expert in software engineering and have good knowledge of what it means to work with large/distributed systems. Furthermore, we need someone who lives and breathes agile development, focused on delivery and wants to take a leading role in improving the way we work.