Visit http://careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/jobs/job/Test-Engineer/18392 to apply.
BBC Design & Engineering aims to create and maintain the most valued digital media services in the world. The TV & Radio group works at the nucleus of online and connected media, working with brilliant people across the BBC, our fantastic content, and a remit to innovate. We aim to enrich lives through the next generation of connected media experiences at home and on the move. The TV&Radio test team is committed to keeping the BBC at the forefront of an evolving interactive and on-demand world.
We are looking for a proven Test Engineer to join the Test team, to test on TV applications like BBC iPlayer and BBC Red Button services. Embedded in an agile development team, you will be working in a highly collaborative environment, proactively working with development teams in regularly delivering value to our large audiences. We work with the latest devices and platforms available, like connected TV's, Set-top boxes and Game Consoles.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable testing skills with experience in working with TV/Web applications and broadcast systems
- Experience of testing in a true agile delivery environment. Kanban is highly desired
- Ability to understand departmental strategy and balance it with audience experience, resources and technology constraints to regularly deliver value
- Excellent aptitude for learning new technologies and ways of working
- Ability to input and support in creation, adaptation and execution of effective test strategies
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve, and innovate
- Ability to coach and mentor junior team members